Initially called Villa Margherita, it was built in 1890. Located on the sea side, it bordered the beach which was accessed directly from the garden. It was originally built on two floors with a slightly higher turret on the east side which marked the entrance. In the early 1930s, Donna Rachele, wife of Benito Mussolini, decided to buy a holiday villa in Riccione and chose this residence located between Viale Milano, the central gardens and the current Lungomare della Libertà. Since then, the villa has been the theater of Mussolini's bathing holidays, hosting illustrious personalities, foreign politicians, diplomats, large parties and shows.